Welcome to 2018!
I look forward to a fresh start in 2018 and sharing my professional development experiences with colleagues and other educators alike. Tecumseh Vista Academy is my current school, a K to 12 duel track English/French school where I serve in the capacity as Department Head of Social Studies, Business, and Cooperative Education. For those who are not familiar with my school, TVA has a number of defining principles that make it a unique learning environment based on feedback from students, parents, and community. This includes;
- Tecumseh’s only dual track community school
- More opportunities and supports for students
- Positive and nurturing relationships
- Rigor in academic programming
- Unique and specialized programs (academics/extra-curricular)
- Future focused/Career focused approach to programming
The 2017 school year was a busy one, with many new exciting developments including the founding of a new experiential learning opportunity for students called eSTEAM.
- Unique and specialized program designed to develop global competencies through an enhanced interdisciplinary approach focusing on the STEAM disciplines.
- Application process:
- Student Application Form
- Report Card(s)
- Grade 8 Teacher or Principal Reference Form attached
- Pick up and submit packages from TVAS Guidance Office
- Career Focused Pathways:
- Medical Sciences
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Enhanced Curriculum (focus on 21st century skills)
- Accelerated course offerings (grades 9 and 10)
- Entrepreneurship skills (Grade 11 Business Leadership Class and Cooperative Education Internship Opportunity) (grades 11 and 12)
- Experiential Learning Opportunities with a focus on social entrepreneurship
I look forward to communicating exciting new program developments including the inclusion of Design Thinking into my teaching practice!